Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:24

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Up Opportunity
Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2012 06:23PM

Hello there folks!

A wonderful game by the name of Serenity Station has a few leftover props that we would greatly like to get our hands on, and which they have been willing to let go to a good home (in other words, us). However, we've got to transport them ourselves from Pepperell, on Route 3 towards Nashua, about an hour northwest of Boston.

As such, next weekend I am looking for a few folks to help me retrieve said items from northern Mass and bring them back down to the Boston area, to my place in Belmont, to store until it comes time to bring them to game. We're talking some big props here, people size, and so we're either looking for a big truck, a few trucks, or renting a truck. If it comes down to renting one, we'll still be looking for a few people to help us move stuff around, and UP will be commensurate to cost of the whole endeavor/your contribution.

If you're interested and have time to help next weekend, or a truck to lend, let me know here or via private message.

Thanks!

-Josh

P.S. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone at game!

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Re: Up Opportunity
Date: October 17, 2012 05:49PM

Hi there everyone!

Updates:
We have a truck! Hooray! Now we just need people to help move stuff. There will be UP for those who wish to give a hand, it will be in the afternoon this Saturday. Please post here, we will have more details soon as to where we will be leaving from, but it will likely be T accessible from the Red Line or else the 73 Bus in Belmont.

Thanks!

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: William B (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2012 03:15PM

T accessible from the red line = I will be there. :3

Might be able to do the 73 bus.

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2012 04:00PM

You can catch the 73 bus at Harvard Square, if you're taking the Red Line. You'll want the Waverly Square bound bus. It runs about every 20 minutes and, provided we're leaving from where I assume we're leaving from, is a ~10 minute ride into Belmont. Very doable.

Date: October 18, 2012 07:31PM

Ok, so here goes: plan will be to leave 393 Belmont St in Belmont (right near Payson bus stop, across from Golf Course) at 11:30 am, noon at latest, arrive in Pepperell by 1:00 pm or so. Load, hopefully be done by 2:00 pm, maybe grab Lunch, head back, arrive back by 3:00 pm or so. I will be driving unless someone wants to volunteer to do so, I have space for up to five friendly people in my car.

My cell is Seven eight one six zero eight five four four five in case you need to reach me.

Looking forward to seeing people!

PS If you have not posted here and decide to show, please call ahead so I know to expect you. Thanks!

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2012 10:10PM

+ Five people?

How heavy are these things?

I think you want that many just for the _friendly_ smiling smiley

Date: October 19, 2012 04:50AM

It's an hour long drive... much more fun to talk Larping with people! Probably won't need more than 4 total so we have two for each end of these things as worst case scenario.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: October 19, 2012 12:08PM

i think my Sunday just opened up... are you going sat or sun?

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Date: October 19, 2012 02:09PM

Alas, it will be Saturday (tomorrow). sad smiley

Posted by: Matthew A (IP Logged)
Date: October 19, 2012 09:39PM

=( ...

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Date: October 20, 2012 06:09PM

Transport to RI complete. Minimal load shifting.

Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2012 08:11PM

I would like to extend a big "THANK YOU!" to everyone who helped out! You guys are the best!

Many thanks!
Derek

Date: October 20, 2012 08:15PM

And the stuff looks sweeeeeet. winking smiley

Date: October 20, 2012 08:24PM

Her are two examples of a keyboard and game controler input PCB

groovygamegear.com

groovygamegear.com

Date: October 20, 2012 09:18PM

Many thanks to Stu, Will, and Erin for helping me move things, I am very excited to see these in game! People are in for a treat!

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.