Welcome Colonist !   There are 82 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:24

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Anime Boston This Weekend.
Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2012 11:25AM

So the week is quickly dissolving into madness (MADNESS I SAY!!)

*cough*
And soon Anime Boston will be upon us.
Schedule for the Dealers Room

Friday 12pm - 7pm - 2 shifts Available
Saturday 10am - 7pm - 2 Shifts Available
Sunday 10am - 3pm - 1 Shift Available

Anthony will que in with the "doors time" for each day that we can get in and set up.

What I'd love is 2 people per shift in addition to myself and Will. That makes sure we aren't chained to the table non-stop.

There will be a sign in/out sheet so we can record time spent. Time spent will be used to calculate your UP rewards later.

Please speak up here if you haven't messaged me already and intend to come along. If you do intend to show up bring your garb, your props and your tude. I hope this will be a great networking experience for our community.

Thanks all!
-Rob AKA Grinner

Re: Anime Boston This Weekend.
Posted by: Morgan C (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2012 12:02PM

If I understand right, we'd be buying a $30 day pass to attend, right? Just don't want people to show up and not anticipate that. smiling smiley

Date: April 4, 2012 12:05PM

Current Prices. Yes that is the case. (Anthony can I get confirmation on the status of the dealers pass?)

Weekend Pass At the Door (April 6-8)
•Adults: $55

Friday Pass At the Door (April 6)
•Adults: $35

Saturday Pass At the Door (April 7)
•Adults: $35

Sunday Pass At the Door (April 8)
•Adults: $30

Date: April 4, 2012 12:17PM

If there is a special dealer's pass, I guess our names end up on a list and then we just show up and provide ID?

Anyway, count me in for Saturday. I'm okay with either shift, so let me know which one isn't filled. smiling smiley

Posted by: Janice C (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2012 03:19PM

Boston is going to be VERY full of people this weekend... it's also PAX East! (Penny Arcade Expo). I hear there will even be a shuttle between the two conventions... should be good times!

Date: April 4, 2012 03:28PM

Yeah, the T is going to be an Adventure.

Date: April 4, 2012 03:39PM

I almost wish it were feasible to snag a hotel room..

I'm considering it.

Posted by: Janice C (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2012 03:42PM

This close to the events I would highly suprised if there were any opennings in hotels. I hope you don't live too far away smiling smiley

Date: April 4, 2012 03:53PM

There are a bunch if you know where to look. A few that're about 180-250 a night... Though its a ten minute walk or so from the con.

Posted by: Kevin G (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2012 04:32PM

When does the con close on Sunday? I could work the 10-3 shift, but I don't want to pay $30 just to sit at the booth and go home.

- Pulse -
* Freeborn Brother
* Mechanologist

Date: April 4, 2012 07:15PM

Dealers room closes at 3.

Posted by: Anthony L (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2012 07:46PM

Dealers Room is open from noon-11pm on Thursday for setup; 9am on Friday, Sat and Sun for setup..

Dealer passes are $45 for the weekend.

I will be onsite Thursday night (after the Mets game)

Anthony Linkens
-Executive Director

Character:
Deputy Laal Umani

Date: April 4, 2012 07:53PM

Cool. I can likely do the same

Posted by: Patrick K (IP Logged)
Date: April 4, 2012 11:24PM

I thought I was going to be able to, but unfortunately due to lack of money (which was well spent on FI) I am fairly sure I will not be able to make it. sad smiley have fun guys!!

Date: April 4, 2012 11:54PM

I'm assuming that to get a dealer's pass we will be waiting in line fooooreeeeverrrrrr, right?

Posted by: James R (IP Logged)
Date: April 5, 2012 07:25AM

I will be there, but I can't guarentee any particular times I can swing by: ill likely be with my brother.

Date: April 7, 2012 01:34AM

Hey guys - I thought I could schedule this despite my other weekend plans, but it turns out this isn't going to be doable. I think I'll run myself into the ground for the third week in a row if I try... I'm really sorry. sad smiley

If there are other such things in the future, let me know and I will be sure to schedule time for it.

Date: April 7, 2012 12:47PM

We are here. Visit us.

Posted by: Amanda S (IP Logged)
Date: April 7, 2012 07:20PM

I told friends to go, or send their own friends to the table. Don't shoot each other too much.

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: April 8, 2012 11:11PM

THANK YOU to Rob and to our wonderful Anime Boston team for going out and repping the game. You guys are wonderful!

Date: April 9, 2012 09:28AM

To Tresh, Nancy, Will, Adam, and Brandon:

No matter how long or short your time at that table, thank you for being there.
Friday to Sunday FI was a presence in the Dealers room... We handed out, literally, hundreds of pamphlets for the game, we told our favorite stories and saw some folks literally giddy with excitement.

We had other larps approach us. Congratulate the game on its return and offer their support to our furthered growth. We had nerds of all kinds gathered round, telling jokes and having fun.

We gathered over 50 emails of people who signed up to recieve more information about casting and playing at future events.

As of last night all of those people have been personally contacted by myself and directed to our facebook and website.

Special thanks to Anthony for getting us this table. And to Derek for stopping by periodically to keep us up to par and for generally just being great support.

You five did amazing. You have my sincerest thanks.

... now I'm going to go order 4 ice coffees... and drink three of them while the lady behind the counter watches in horror...

Rob AKA Grinner
-Da Players Rep

Posted by: Amanda S (IP Logged)
Date: April 9, 2012 12:42PM

And thus Rob continues his Grinnabeetus.

Posted by: Sabrina A (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2012 05:05PM

Rob are you guys going to be at Connecticon this year. Im booking a photoshoot and wanted to know if i should book for FI too, we have a dealers room and artist colony and a spot for LARPS and they have NERO which does boffer combat tourneys. Also nero could use the competition.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.