Welcome Colonist !   There are 55 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:18

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Radio Channels- Please Read
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2012 08:43AM

For those of you on radios IG, the following radio channel assignments are to be followed beginning this event.

Channel # : Purpose/Restriction

1 : EMT/ OOG Emergency Communication Only
2: Backup EMT channel
3-10 : Player Use- Unrestricted by Plot/Ops

11+: Plot or Ops use only

Please do not be on Channel 1 or 2 unless you have a genuine, out-of-game medical emergency or injury that needs immediate attention, and are unable to make it to Ops under your own power.

Channels 3-10 are self explanatory.

Channels 11 and above are restricted for the use of plot and ops. Unless provided with specific in-game instructions which will only apply to a specific channel, players are not permitted to be on these radio channels for any reason.

Any questions, please let management know. These channel designations will be reminded in person at the pre-game meeting.

Thanks kindly!

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Edited 7 times. Last edit at 01/19/20 07:14PM

Re: Radio Channels- Please Read
Posted by: Joseph M (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2012 08:53AM

is their a particular brand or type of Radio you're using? if I go and invest in a radio I want to be sure the frequencies match.

Date: March 28, 2012 09:01AM

We're using FRS/GMRS radios. Given our needs, we're going with the simple, easily-available Motorola version which several donations were up for in the recent past (PS: Thanks to those of you who secured those radios for us!)

Players can speak to what brands or specifics they use for handsets. Then you can get into all the fun accessories, like the headsets, throat mics, and what have you.

Please do be aware that there is a resource upkeep cost for radios maintained as in-game items, should you decide to join the many who do so.

-Amber

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Date: June 4, 2012 09:09PM

Edited to reflect the recent addition of Channel 9 at Spring 1, 2012.

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2014 01:06PM

Steph, with your magic Post Editing powers, please update this post! I don't think there is currently a "Radio Free Catalyst" station.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Date: August 26, 2014 07:17PM

BP- edited it for you. If you wanted 9 as PC channel, let me know and I will be happy to edit it again.

-Amber

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2014 07:25PM

I edited more.

Posted by: Robert S (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2014 07:28PM

Is channel 2 officially our backup EMT channel? If so, that needs to be updated as well.

-Hawkins
Vanguard
Colonial Council, Retired
CDF, Retired

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2014 07:30PM

Was there any trouble with channel 1 this time?

Date: August 26, 2014 08:02PM

Nope. We could always leave it as an IC channel and appropriate it if it becomes necessary. My concern with this however is if we take over channel 2 part way through an event and someone doesn't get the message and calls for a "medic", it could lead to someone running across site with the med kit for no reason.

-Hawkins
Vanguard
CDF, Retired

Posted by: Michael L (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2014 08:06PM

Or I might find myself running off to the rescue only to find a real medical emergency...

Basil Williams

Doctor
Hopeless Idealist
Marshal Service Forensics Expert/Senior Deputy Marshal
Exploracorps Field Member
Eternal Optimist

Date: August 26, 2014 08:07PM

There's that too.

-Hawkins
Vanguard
CDF, Retired

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: December 12, 2019 11:40AM

Poke please update this sticky Josh

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: January 19, 2020 07:14PM

Oooh, yeah, this hasn't been updated in a while...

Radio Channels 1: Often gets cross talk from passing cars & truckers. Avoid.
Radio Channel 2: Medic Channel
Radio Channels 3-7: Reserved for Cast Use.
Radio Channel 8: Universal Mind Channel. DO NOT EAVESDROP if you are not in the Coalition.
Radio Channel 9: Drunk Device Channel. DO NOT EAVESDROP if you are not carrying one of the Drunk Devices on this.
Radio Channel 10: Public Channel for all Radios, even without a quality tag.
Radio Channels 11-20: Radios with a Quality rating may be configured (2 minute RP with Repair Device, 1 minute if Favored) to access a number of these channels equal to their Quality Rating. They may be reconfigured in the same manner. If you get your hands on a Radio & are not sure, assume it is not configured for any & get it configured.
Radio Channels 21+: Reserved for future use.

Will make a new sticky for this.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: David R (IP Logged)
Date: January 19, 2020 09:22PM

Rather than medic channel, it's probably going to be better to just broadcast a hold over radio and then pass the info to medics over that, so that whoever is trying to reach us in an emergency doesn't have to deal with switching channels.

Posted by: Josh M (IP Logged)
Date: January 20, 2020 12:19AM

I am specifically reserving that channel for medical purposes. No one else should be on it for any other purpose. Other channels might get used as necessary.

-Josh Marcus
Head of Plot, FI 3

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: January 21, 2020 09:58AM

Also, having a dedicated medical channel for Cast to get directly to a medic rather than cutting though IG chatter. I see the wisdom in broadcasting a hold to cover the bases but a clear line is totally needed in case of a truly urgent medical situation.

Posted by: Sabrina H (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2020 01:09AM

As someone who has deep knowledge of EAP having a dedicated radio channel for medical is super important. And allows us to handle medical while game is ongoing without ruining immersion of game.

Posted by: Matt A (IP Logged)
Date: February 28, 2020 10:30AM

This does mean that any and all Medic staff will need to have a dedicated radio for that Chanel, as most people do not have a Dual-Chanel radio.

Leader of Vanguard Squad, Archipelago Liberation Forces

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.