Welcome Colonist !   There are 70 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:23

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
A Question On Good Form For This Event
Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 12:50PM

Not quite a rules question, more of a survey of sentiment...

Would it be poor form to exit the bunker with a different weapon than you went in with?

Say someone went into the bunker with Guns I and bought up to Guns III for this event. Would said person be a chump for rolling out of the bunker firing clips when they had no stated IG way of getting said weapon? This even applies to moving through the wide variety of guns available in Guns II.

Are we just hand-waving it since scientists should be able to throw new Procedures? Just a matter of curiosity.

Re: A Question On Good Form For This Event
Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 12:55PM

I personally am going to be bringing all of the stuff I brought in with me at the one-day to start of game.

I have a costume change that may be happening some point this weekend. I won't be making it until at least Saturday morning.

Just my two cents.

Posted by: Chapman B (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 02:35PM

it would make plenty of sense if you were in bunker 6 as the hasturis brought their embarrassingly large cache of weapons in with them. therefore rolling out with something new could easily be explained in game.
otherwise i dont know the answer to your question.

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 03:16PM

I wouldn't really worry too much about explaining it. It's not a prop we track the material cost of.

Posted by: Jacob B (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 03:22PM

"I built it.... in a bunker.... out of spare parts."

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 03:42PM

My personal feeling would be that like so many things at FI, this would be left to personal interpretation. Provided its something we don't track or regulate, I can promise I won't be examining everyone at check in to make sure they are in exactly the same outfits they went into the bunker in, with exactly the same weapons, decks of cards, and stuffed animals. (Hey, some of you are strange.)

That said, I am sure we have a decent percentage of our players who are fairly hardcore and will be doing exactly that.

All I ask is that you don't get so deeply into the method acting that you stop showering this week to 'really give it a bunker funk smell'. My roleplay with you may in fact be hinged on this crucial point.

*grin*

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 04:15PM

Chapman B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it would make plenty of sense if you were in
> bunker 6 as the hasturis brought their
> embarrassingly large cache of weapons in with
> them. therefore rolling out with something new
> could easily be explained in game.
> otherwise i dont know the answer to your question.

I don't think there is such thing as an embarrassingly large cache of weapons. That is, of course, unless you had to shove someone out the door to fit them inside.

Mmmk. Glad to know that there are opinions on a few points of the spectrum. I like the bare bones survival feel but I also like surviving sooo....we'll see. winking smiley

Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 05:41PM

Unless I plan to come into game wearing only what was under my armor, I'll have to be bring a bit more.

Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 06:40PM

I really wouldn't worry about it. I can't see how switching gun types would violate the spirit of the game in any way. Thank you very much for your consideration in asking!

Derek

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.