Welcome Colonist !   There are 63 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:20

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Last Minute Projects...
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 08:09AM

We've all got them. The last minute projects that you've had lying about since the last event, with all the time in the world to complete- and then suddenly its a few days before the event and OH NO! You never got around to that crucial thing...

I'll share one of mine, to start us out in commiserating. My brand new wig broke its very first event, and I never did get around to fixing it. Oops. Hopefully I'll have time to take care of it so that I don't have to tie it into place like I did last time. Headache from hell.

So, what's yours?

Re: Last Minute Projects...
Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 08:32AM

Re-enforcing my poker tables. Bought nuts, bolts and a drill bit... and apparently there's some kind of metal plate on the end of each half. I'm not sure I wanna try and drill through metal, as I don't know what that will do to the felt.

Thinking about just clamping the support braces together for extra sturdiness

Posted by: Mike I (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 08:33AM

I had been meaning to order an item online for this coming event and fut it off for a while untill Sunday came and realized it will not get here in time unless I do the rush shipping. Oh also I need to find black boot bands, white bow ties, and purple bow ties. Good thing I am working 10 hour days this week so everything is closed by the time I leave. Maybe Friday afternoon I can get out early.

Posted by: Jeff H (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 08:33AM

*shrug* It still isn't last minute enough for me to know yet smiling smiley

Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 08:41AM

Refitting my old costume with the pouches and holsters, plus... well you'll see.

Date: March 27, 2012 08:51AM

OOoooOOO. Now I'm intrigued!

Date: March 27, 2012 08:52AM

Goodness! What do you consider last minute LARP prep, then?

Date: March 27, 2012 08:54AM

Good idea. No flat surface is safe, for who knows where Blazer will teach his next Slipping Free of Floozies class for the Three Man team?

Posted by: Tim M (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 08:58AM

I'm with Jeff... This isn't even close to last minute... For me, I'm typically scrambling on Friday afternoon or stopping at assorted stores on way to the event! I have mastered the ancient art of procrastination.

Date: March 27, 2012 09:11AM

That does sound fun...

But I bet no one wants me to be writing their character sheets from 'memory' with crayons at the event. "What do you mean, you didn't research a perk for giving Amber shoulder massages? I could have sworn that's what it said."

I guess I'd better keep trying to consider a week before an event to be last minute crunch time.

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 09:28AM

Surprisingly, I feel pretty darn prepared for this event, even with all the (BWAHAHAHA) I have ready. smiling smiley

Date: March 27, 2012 09:33AM

/swooning again

Posted by: Sarah M (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 09:43AM

oo cant wait no last minnit stuff for me just making sure i havce clean larp cloths and getting ready for an awsome event.....

Posted by: Yelena T (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 11:17AM

Either getting my favorite boots repaired, or buying a new pair.

Posted by: Laurie G (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 11:26AM

Does furiously writing plots, winter updates, and lore as well as building props for another LARP qualify? While it's not technically for FI, it is what is allowing me the time to come cast instead of staying home for the weekend. winking smiley

I still have 2.5 weeks after, but there's a family holiday and a PC LARP in between. April is socially packed! *twitch*

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 11:26AM

My combat armor is refitted with the exoskelatal attachment... Couple device props to have prepped...
Got a pair of derringers to paint and I'm good.

Soon as I retrieve my guns barrel from cast props... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 12:05PM

Need more thermals. It's going to be frigid at night. -_-;

Apart from that, there are a few Device prop and costume touch ups to finish. Kevin is doing me a huge favor by tackling the bulk of the more labor intensive stuff and I'm thrilled with the results. smiling smiley

Posted by: Andrew B (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 12:53PM

I don't have any last minute projects I have come across, aside from a possible slight costume update I have been debating due to certain IG developments. Fortunately that in particular is incredibly easy.

Erin brings up a good point in making sure I have enough warm stuff that fits under armor, etc.

Does anyone else feel hugely blessed that there is (yet again) a wal-mart a short drive away from site? I know I do. And this time it's closer!

Posted by: Jacob B (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 02:13PM

I have a project that I didn't think I'd even come close to having ready for Spring I, but within the past three days have built most of it from scratch with my roommate. Now I'm scrambling to get it painted and assembled in time to bring it. (even if it's just to show it off/get it checked with cast before the event, and then it'll go back into my car until Spring II)

Posted by: Jim W (IP Logged)
Date: March 27, 2012 10:55PM

One last minute project I'm probably not going to get to is repairing the ruins of the Jinjia Blast Obelisk top plate. It might happen, but there's tech work that is more important :-/

timothy xavier

Posted by: Sabrina A (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2012 12:21AM

Still haven't built the effigy, finished my doll, or heal that torn lcl, guess I have a lot of work to do.

Posted by: William B (IP Logged)
Date: March 29, 2012 03:43PM

I'm bringing my laptop with me to put finishing touches on the animation before game. Also I need to use some industrial adhesive on my Roomba and my leaky boots, which will take about 24 hours to cure (so it'll be done by game on, and no sooner).

Not too stressed though. Definitely not as close as I've cut it with some games (all-night sewing binges notwithstanding).

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: March 29, 2012 07:33PM

Trying to (finally) finish my melee weapon. Anyone spare a cup of squish foam?

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: March 29, 2012 09:34PM

Dr blacks new device wont be complete. Didnt have the time I thought. But at least I have all the parts.

I just got done moving and all I want to do is find Dr blacks vest and maybe shoes. I am still reveling in haveing a refrigerator after being without for a week.

Posted by: Kevin G (IP Logged)
Date: April 2, 2012 11:40PM

How busy was I with last-minute projects? So busy that today is the first time I've checked the FI boards in weeks! I spent a week building a spraypaint booth, then another week painting about 8 guns, a storage tote, device parts, and many pieces of armor. I finally started working on my costume around midnight on Thursday...

- Pulse -
* Freeborn Brother
* Mechanologist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.