Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:19

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Regarding The Player Cap
Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: February 15, 2012 10:46PM

Greetings,

When we realized that we could have a lot of players at our upcoming event (thank you!), the idea of increasing our player cap was suggested. I objected to that decision for several reason. My biggest reason was for the sake of maintaining the quality and integrity of the game. Despite how far we've come, we still have quite a bit of a way to go. We're starting up in a new camp that most of our cast haven't ever staffed at. Some of our cast haven't even played at Ye Olde Commons. We've so far integrated our storyline to handle up to sixty players, something that takes a lot of time and effort to achieve. To increase that number of players, even by ten people, would require us to have to restructure our plot areas and how cast handle plots. I've seen many LARPs grow too fast, which resulted in them suffering in quality and cast upkeep. I want to make sure that we deliver the best LARP possible, something that I don't believe we can do if we raise the player cap at this time.

Once we learn to work with the camp resources, integrate our new cast members into plot areas and have beefed up our story output, I will be more than glad to re-evaluate our player cap. I am sorry for anyone who did not register in time for this event and encourage you to sign up for the next event as soon as registration opens. Thank you for your patience as we adjust to our sudden and much appreciated growth.

Thank you,
Derek

Re: Regarding The Player Cap
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: February 16, 2012 11:29AM

Regarding this, there is a standby list... use it!

Life happens, and it is highly likely that someone already registered won't be able to make it. And while we will miss them, we will also be happy that someone else can take their place rather than just have it go unfilled because no one was on standby.

With the number of people gently harrassing me about the cap, I am sort of amazed there is only one person on the standby list, which Anthony assures me is in fact working.

Cordially,

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: February 16, 2012 12:48PM

Greetings,

I should have been more specific in my post. Our reasons for not raising our player cap have nothing to do with kitchen constraints, lack of sleeping quarters or other logistical concerns. We appreciate your willingness to forgo amenities. Thank you for your support. I can't tell you how happy the resurgence of Future Imperfect makes me. **

Many thanks,
Derek

** No, seriously, I really can't tell you. I signed a non-disclosure agreement that says that I cannot express my sentiments for Future Imperfect outside of my whiskey bottle.

Posted by: Morgan C (IP Logged)
Date: February 16, 2012 12:50PM

Derek, either your whiskey bottle is the magical bottomless sort, or by my count you've moved on to at least the second bottle by now...

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: February 16, 2012 12:54PM

SHHH!! He' doesn't know that!!!
Cripes Morgan you're going to unveil everything!!

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: February 16, 2012 01:46PM

come casssssst

we have truffles

Posted by: Anthony L (IP Logged)
Date: February 17, 2012 09:24AM

** No, seriously, I really can't tell you. I signed a non-disclosure agreement that says that I cannot express my sentiments for Future Imperfect outside of my whiskey bottle.

ROFL!!!

Even that might be saying too much winking smiley

Anthony Linkens
-Executive Director

Character:
Deputy Laal Umani

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.