Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Attention! Event Printing Complete
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: February 1, 2012 08:51PM

ATTENTION!

The event is printed in its entirety, from plots to donation lists and all the other sundries and fripperies. I may or may not have deforested a small nation in the process of my evening. In fact, my boyfriend, having witnessed said deforestation, has declared that every player ought to be required to get a kindle... but I digress.

What does this mean for you? It means that if you edit or change anything between now and the event, it will not be reflected in our paperwork.

One exception: if you graciously pick up a donation, a help request would be awesome, or a quick PM to me, so that I can be expecting it, and make sure you get the UP you so richly deserve!

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to slaughtering... errrrm, I mean... entertaining you good folks on Saturday.

Cordially,

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Re: Attention! Event Printing Complete
Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: February 1, 2012 09:17PM

I would love to have my Character sheet available in .mobi format (or similar) for use as a handy reference in game. I'd pay a battery an event to use my kindle for in-game related word processing. And imagine a new function for hackers: "Download to device". for those infograb missions where you just don't have time to read everything.

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: February 1, 2012 09:59PM

I second that

Posted by: Thomas S (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 01:32AM

You want your kindle IG?

That places a tremendous amount of responsibility, cost, etc into the hands of players and cast that just robbed you...

Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 01:46AM

What Thomas said. If it has in-game information, it is an in-game item and can be stolen in-game. This is a can of worms that merits at least two fingers from the Bottle at the End of All Things.

Derek

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 09:21AM

Sweet, free Kindle for me! Now someone bring an iPad in.

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 09:39AM

See if this is why money is a larpers worst enemy. So many cool ideas...until someone steals the prop in game!

I wonder if there is a way to do something like this with an old smart phone or something else fairly cheap...Sophia would love a digital device to keep her notes on so she could back things up in case people steal her notebook.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 02/02/12 09:42AM

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 09:47AM

Wait, surely you aren't implying there are less than honest colonists?

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 09:50AM

Come on, everyone here is honest, right?

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 10:20AM

Valid points to Thomas and Derek. Steph . . . I'm judging you.

What about some cheap, simple old PDA or something of that nature?

Date: February 2, 2012 10:38AM

Find me a budget and a near endless source of cheap PDAs that I can afford to give to nearly every player... USBs are annoying enough :-p

To put a finer point on this... it isn't like we didn't think of it. I DO have a slew of things for technological expansion in the works and we will see what can be done with budgeting during e-board meetings.

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 10:38AM

And lo, on this day, a simple offhand joke about the excessive paper in the house from Jelani became its very own talking point on the boards.

Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 10:51AM

I have a source that prints logo'ed USB drives in a variety of different styles, once you've got that budget. ;-)

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: February 2, 2012 12:51PM

I will steal your stuff.

Period.

-Grinner

Date: February 2, 2012 01:23PM

Thank you for the replies and thoughts. When I am ready to debate actual implementation, I will let you all know so you can scour contacts, friends, foes, and other odd warehouses full of tech gear.

Until then, keep your stuff away from Rob and see you Saturday!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.