Welcome Colonist !   There are 45 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:16

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Sleeping Assignments For F.I. Full Events
Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: January 9, 2012 06:01PM

It isn't a concern for the one-day event, obviously, but with an eye towards the Future...

I am amassing information from various groups who stay on site for events regarding how many people tend to bunk in their cabins. I thoroughly respect that some groups want to stay together and have their own space, and in fact we've always encouraged that, as it lends people some feeling of 'home' that helps them stay IG even when they aren't out in public sight. Given the immediacy of the cabin locations at our new site, I certainly want to continue to encourage this behavior!

So, if you could tally up your group(s) that tend to bunk together, and send me a PM or a help request targeted to me with your numbers sometime in the near Future, that would be immensely helpful so I can figure out which cabins are likeliest to support which groups.

If your group doesn't stay on site, disregard. If you want to IG claim a cabin for workspace, provided it isn't being used to house other players, you can always try to sort that out IG.

On the amazing side, for those unaware, prepare to sleep a bit more comfortably at our new site. Cabins have electricity and heat sources!

So, to recap, please get me generalized numbers for your group(s) when you can. This is on the 'not emergency but sooner would be awesome' agenda.

Thanks kindly!

Logistics Girl
aka Amber

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 01/09/12 06:02PM

Re: Sleeping Assignments For F.i. Full Events
Posted by: Michel S (IP Logged)
Date: January 9, 2012 06:47PM

Slightly of topic, but any chance we (the player government) will get to decide where the power station and Resbed will be placed? Given a choice I would think somewhere defendable.

Posted by: Thomas S (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2012 04:46PM

Did you get a say the first time? :-p

They are where they are placed.

Posted by: Rob B (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2012 04:47PM

BAWK BAWK!!!

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2012 04:50PM

We already had a chat about this. The Rezbed will be in the middle of the field, and the Auto-Forge will be in the deepest part of the forest. Sorry, but IG reasons dictated the need for this.

*end sarcasm*

I think the answer to this is FOIG.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Date: January 10, 2012 04:52PM

Whoawhoa. No. We said Res bed on the highway and Autoforge on the roof of the mod building! Ya can't go changing the comedy man!

Posted by: Brian P (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2012 04:58PM

I guess we're talking about DIFFERENT Auto-Forges! Dun dun dunnnn!

Either way, someone please donate an extra-long extension cord.

Brian Paul!
-Prop Boss, Plot Team, Rules Comm, Other Stuff

Date: January 10, 2012 05:17PM

Rob B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BAWK BAWK!!!
>

One of the highest ranking members of the CDF people...

Date: January 10, 2012 06:16PM

*veering conversation back towards the original purpose while laughing out loud at the antics of the crazies*

-Amber

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Posted by: Sabrina A (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2012 08:46PM

Jeff, me Wendy Zach Sarah and Chris all sleep in the same cabin. At knight blades you can slep 10 to a cabin there heated and have outlets and a fan and are spring mattresses. For those who hate top bunk the bunk do come apart. And you can put an air mattress on the bunks just not the floor. And also the bunks Arnt sturdy for more than one person..

Also as an edit for electricity. They have one extension cord. And don't overload the cabin. It can however suppot a crock pot on low and an electric blanket for a night.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 01/10/12 11:17PM

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: January 11, 2012 01:39AM

What about a low wattage microwave? (And yes, if I make popcorn, I share. That smell is insidious)

Posted by: Wendy M (IP Logged)
Date: January 12, 2012 09:49AM

Chris,

Jaye, Amanda, Katie, Catlin and I once ran a dorm sized fridge, a microwave and twinkle lights all weekend from the cabin and didn't blow a fuse. So I would assume if you invent a microwave, we can have one. Though, I have to say crock pots full of thick chili are fabulous for cold events, so we might need to invent that first!

Amber,

We might have one or two more players in our cabin this spring, so plan on us having eight people.

Date: January 12, 2012 12:14PM

Thanks for the heads up, Wendy!

-Amber

Posted by: Stu A (IP Logged)
Date: January 24, 2012 07:45PM

Sabrina A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And
> also the bunks Arnt sturdy for more than one
> person..

Well that counts me out. sad smiley

Posted by: Laurie G (IP Logged)
Date: January 30, 2012 08:33PM

I'm newly lurking here (hoping to help the cast on occasion), but want to share a few things from gaming at YoC for roughly five years.

There are some site rules about the use of food prep equipment in the cabins. Not sure what other games have stated, but as far as I know certain items are not allowed. I'm not certain how the staff plans to use the site, but there are certain common areas where such items may be used. It's worth looking into before bringing stuff, though.

While electric blankets are lovely, I've only ever regretted using mine. The space heaters in the cabins are potent and the insulation is super. Also, March and November tend to have fogged windows come morning and any number of folks with their blankets at the foot of the bed if the heaters aren't turner to somewhere in the medium range.

My husband and I are both heavy and we manage to share a set of bunks just fine. It's all in making certain the the bunk bed joiners are together properly. Also, unless you are a complete featherweight, those plywood boards are your best friend. The two metal bars are bitter enemies and have almost made me cry. Yeah, I had that 3 AM moment after a late module in November. I had managed to peel out of all the layers of armor and insulation and had just hauled myself up into the top bunk only to discover the plywood was not there. My husband was kind enough to rouse himself and help me find it, and the bunkmates were kind enough not to hate me for the extra fuss at that hour.

Date: January 31, 2012 09:15AM

Just to clarify, Sabrina meant that one bed is't really sturdy enough to fit two people, not one set of bunk beds. She tends to share a twin bed with her fiance at games, and at YOC that isn't a good idea.

Date: January 31, 2012 09:16AM

Because Sabrina is roughly the size of a peanut.

*grin*

Posted by: Chris M (IP Logged)
Date: January 31, 2012 09:28AM

That's really not fair.
She's at LEAST as big as a pecan

Date: January 31, 2012 09:52AM

Ah, understood. Yeah, not at this camp no matter how small the individual. However, I do mean it when I say that the bunk joiners need to be settled properly. It's not pretty when they aren't. (Fortunately, it was just a plywood shield, a number of weapons, and one set of steel chest/back plates which took the tumble. No humans or props were harmed in the mishap. Made a heck of a racket, though!)

Also, as a formerly licenced massage therapist I can tell you that standard massage table sheets fit the mattresses perfectly for those who prefer sheets to a sleeping bag.

Posted by: Jim W (IP Logged)
Date: January 31, 2012 10:07AM

Laurie (et al), when folks playing a game at YoC decide to grab a hotel room instead, where do they typically go?

timothy xavier

Date: January 31, 2012 11:10AM

You can check with Harald Henning at the site. He helps to run LIONE and probably has a better sense than me.

I actually don't know of anyone who grabs a hotel for the P3 IG events. We're a small community and there's plenty of elbow room at YOC for us. There are also plenty of folks who live in the area and drive home for the night.

As far as I know, the closest/easiest hotels are either in Sturbridge ~7 miles West on 20 in the OSV vicinity (AKA where the one day is being held) OR in Auburn ~6 miles East by the 395/290/90 interchange.

The only proviso might be with Host and Publick because of their conference centers. I know that John B got a room this past weekend for the Midwinter Party because he brought his wife and two young children. Apparently, parking and quiet space at Publick House was a pain because of a wedding. Not necessarily an issue with the expected game hours, but something to keep in mind. *shrug*

Date: January 31, 2012 03:18PM

One other note about YOC (sorry, Amber, kinda off topic): there are barn cats! These cats are friendly and while technically not allowed into any of the cabins or the main hall are always managing to sneak inside.

I am ridiculously allergic to cats and am lucky that my kind P3 community will shoo them away, pry them from my legs, or else take them out of my lap or off my chair if I fall victim to a sneak snuggle. (Happened this past Saturday evening!) Luckily, YOC just switched from carpet to wood floors in the hall, and I did notice a difference!

So a few notes:

- Keep the cabin doors closed to avoid feline inflitration.

- If you share the allergy, don't sit on the comfy furniture in the main hall (likely The Commissary). Don't allow friends to place you there to tend your wounds either! The kitties have been ALL over it.

- Please be kind to your allergic friends and either wrangle the kitties for your own snuggles or shoo them outside to where MA Restaurant Health Code says they should be. Wrangling will be necessary as these cats are extremely spoiled by their weekend attention.

Date: January 31, 2012 03:25PM

Well at lease we'll have livestock.

Date: January 31, 2012 03:34PM

I love those barncats...
And Grinner will do horrible experiments on them.

Date: January 31, 2012 04:37PM

The Mj camp had kittens last event...Sophia and Shlea's fighting might have scared them so bad they were crying....

Date: February 7, 2012 09:09AM

Alrighty then!

I know a few things changed in the make up of one or two groups this past event, so please, if this has changed your answers to the original question regarding sleeping assignments, GET THAT INFO TO ME!

Otherwise my impish sense of humor may be applied to your residences. And while Jinjia & Grinner sounds like comedy gold for a "forced roomie" style sitcom, I doubt it would be pleasurable for the rest of the colony.

So, please, get any relevant changes or number information to me if you haven't already.

Cordially,

-Amber

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.