Welcome Colonist !   There are 78 Citizens Exploring our Colony

Today in Colony CT-3-999 is C.Y. 8:04:25

Main Board
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Board ListMessage ListNew TopicSearch
Winter One Day 2021 Is Virtual
Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: December 21, 2021 08:44PM

Crossposting from FB for Mr. HoP. Bandwidth is at a premium right now. Obligatory "I am not Josh, I'm just helping" disclaimer.

Below post in FI Evolutionary Initiative FB group

TLDR: We need to cancel the one day due to the pandemic.
Sooo…
Omicron.
Let’s talk about it a moment. It is incredibly contagious (some tracing attempts putting it at 10x the ability to spread). We’re not sure how dangerous it is exactly, but it looks to roughly be on par with the original strain and Delta.
Indoor masking requirements are coming back into more general purview, our Winter One Day would be (as originally planned) entirely indoors, with heavy combat leading to a lot of heavy breathing.
I took a poll of our cast this weekend, and I agree with their recommendation.
Sadly, we have to cancel the Winter One Day for safety reasons. Safety has to come first. With this new round of Covid, the current best science suggests that the original vaccination regimen is not effective enough on its own but that a booster shot is helpful to making breakthrough cases less severe.
I want to see all your smiling faces again real soon, but I can’t justify us endangering ourselves as a community when such a virulent threat is at hand.
I’d like to have some sort of online event that day if there is interest. Please respond below if you are interested. Whether we do something In Character or not, I’d love to watch a movie together in the evening, maybe play some games online, whatever people are feeling.
I love you all; I’m sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but I can’t bear the thought of losing any of you to Covid, or spreading it through the communities we inhabit.
For those who’ve already paid for the event we are happy to either refund the amount or apply it as a donation for UP as you prefer. Please submit a help request with your preference.
Please be good to each other, you are all dearly missed.
-Josh M.
Mr. Head of Plot
P.S. Fingers crossed that things clear up some before the Spring season. Get your boosters!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.