Winter One-day Event, 2014: "welcome Home"
Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2013 12:40PM

Future Imperfect is proud to present their upcoming Winter one-day event:

WELCOME HOME
Saturday, January 11, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sturbridge Host Hotel
www.sturbridgehosthotel.com

"...To all colonists of CT-3-327. This is an automated recall message from Mothership-3. Colonist recall has been initiated in preparation for immediate departure from this system. As per Human Colonization Initiative protocol, we shall embark the minimum required allotment of colonists to replenish personnel counts. Those who have been issued retrieval tickets, please report to your nearest departure point as soon as possible. Final departure time is at CT-3-327 CY 06:01:11:18:00:00...

... To all cololists of CT-3-327. This is an automated recall message from Mothership-3."

Please join us for the final episode in the current story arc! We plan to have a final bow for anyone and everyone who wishes to depart this world. Friends, enemies and questionable folk will all take a stab at being among the few lucky ones to leave the planet. It's up to you to decide who stays, who goes, who lives and who dies!

IMPORTANT: It has been decided that only characters that make it through the boarding process will be allowed to participate in the next storyline, starting later this year. Only extreme cases of imminent absence (work, funeral, illness, etc.) will be allowed special dispensation. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know via HELP request. Please do not post them on this thread.

Out schedule of events is as follows:

Saturday, 11:00 AM: Player Check-In will commence outside of the Hawthorne Room. Pick up your character packet, your retrieval ticket (if you're lucky) and hang out with your fellow colonists.

Saturday, 12:30 PM: Opening Meeting. Players will get last-minute announcements, clarifications and other words as they prepare for their event.

Saturday, 1:00 PM: Game on! Enter the game are and prepare for the inevitable.

Saturday, 6:00 PM: Game off! Whether you made it or not, that's that. Clean-up to commence immediately after.

Saturday, 7:00 PM: Bitter End Q&A! For those of you who earned the end-of-season prize from staying until the bitter end, there will be a special Q&A with Derek, who will answer questions about the story arc that you've been dying to ask. No questions that affect the next arc will be answered, so ask away!

Saturday, 10:00 PM: Future Imperfect Awards and party. Join us for the FI awards, as we celebrate the best and funniest of what we have been through. This will also mark the official final bow of the current crew and "passing of the torch" to the new one, so many things are bound to happen. A certain whiskey bottle may get finished off on the spot...

Thank for being a part of one hell of a saga and we hope join us!

Re: Winter One-day Event, 2014: "welcome Home"
Posted by: Steph T (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2013 02:21PM

WOOOOOOOO!!!

Posted by: James R (IP Logged)
Date: January 1, 2014 07:08PM

Doc was there at the last boarding. He'll be at this one. smiling smiley

Posted by: Erin B (IP Logged)
Date: January 3, 2014 09:14PM

Not sure where to ask this question so I'll ask it here:

If a Player or Cast character is not present at the one day but I'd like to help them get to the new colony, should I send in a Help Request or a Transmission to Mother or smoke/bat/Steph signal...?

More to the point, how do we request certain Cast characters' presence as we did with the bunker evac?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 01/03/14 09:15PM

Posted by: Brandon W (IP Logged)
Date: January 4, 2014 12:35AM

This event title is so bittersweet for me.

Posted by: Derek H (IP Logged)
Date: January 4, 2014 02:16PM

Erin B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not sure where to ask this question so I'll ask it
> here:
>
> If a Player or Cast character is not present at
> the one day but I'd like to help them get to the
> new colony, should I send in a Help Request or a
> Transmission to Mother or smoke/bat/Steph
> signal...?

This falls squarely on Steph's shoulders, which I am sure she will be glad to handle after the event. We will not make rulings on absent characters before or during the event itself. In other words, you will not know in-game if they got on board or not during the event. They may have made it on board before you arrived.... or they may have not made it at all.

>
> More to the point, how do we request certain Cast
> characters' presence as we did with the bunker
> evac?
>

Alas, you cannot request for characters to appear at the event. Either they will be there or they will not, cast member's choice.

Derek

Posted by: Amber R (IP Logged)
Date: January 5, 2014 12:30PM

While too late to really be effective this time around, letters to cast NPCs (Transmissions to Mother) are always the way to go for in-between game communication with cast characters, including letters to say "Hey, this thing is happening, and I'd really like to see you there!"

-Amber
Retired Logistics Goddess

Neve O'Brien(RIP), Magnus Sulara Oratia Somerton, Songbird, Elias Amory, Dr. Ara Grintner (formerly ZG) , Jane Sawyer, and Grace (just Grace)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this Board.

Send us your Comments or Email the Webmaster.